- Pre- heat the oven : th 6 ( 180 xc ) . Grill almonds for 5
to 6 min in the hot oven , keep them cooling then hack them up
rudely with the nut -mug and mix them with the caster sugar
and spices. Melt butter in a water bath .
- Cut out bricks leaves according to the sizes of a big
rectangular mould (25 * 30) cm. Order them on falls under a
wet linen. Spread out generously some butter on the mould.
- Thanks to a paint- brush ,cover over the surface with half
the bricks leaves with melted butter on both sides. Superpose
them progressively in the mould by interpolating with falls
then distribute on it the nuts and almond mixture.
Sprinkle it with melted butter and cover the remaining leaves
and overlay with butter. Practice incisions on a depth of
about 1.5 cm, first in squares , next into triangles , to mark
portions. Wash down the top of the baklava with the remaining
melted butter and sprinkle it with some drops of water rose
and sprinkle it with some drops of water.
- Put to oven for half an hour then lower the oven thermostat
to 5 ( 150 xc), carry on cooking for 30 to 45 min. Baklava
must be strong and crispy.
- While cooking, prepare the syrup. In a pan of 25 CL pour
some water and sugar, boil , stir without ceasing. Keep
thrilling for about 5 min. Out of fire add some honey ,the
filter lemon juice and water rose. Keep cooling.
- Withdraw the cooked cake from oven .Without taking it out
from mould ,cut out portions by following the incisions
tracing. Wash down it with syrup and leave it to rest for few
hours. Before serving , take out from mould and detach